Monday, August 9, 2010

Scandinavian Euro-crime ( Norwegian,Swedish, Danish ,Icelandic and Finnish)

Henrik Ibsen
Bjornson
Norwegian Euro-crime!  I LOVE IT!  I discovered this genre of liturature several years ago because of my own Norwegian family heritage.  I thought I had read just about every bit of Norwegian lit out there.  I decided one day to google Norwegian authors.  I thought: "There must be some modern day Norwegian liturature out there!  Some writers besides IBSEN and Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson.  What a found was: Karin Fossum!  She is still my favorite!  She is dubbed the Norwegian Queen of Crime.  I devoured all her available books:
Her series of crime novels starring: Inspector Konrad Sejer are great!
Karin Fossum

The Sejer Series
1. Don't Look Back- her American debute
2. Those who Fear the Wolf
3. When the Devil Holds a Candle
4. The Indian Bride
5.BlackSeconds
6. The Waters Edge
and her newest!!
7.  Bad Intentions
A signed copy  of Varsleren- The Caller
The "last" Sejer Novel (?)
Is not yet released in the US
I'm still translating it from the Norwegian
Thank you Karin Fossum!
Another great Norwegian writer is: Jo Nesbo- Creator of Inspector Harry Hole (pronounced: Hooluh!)

Series:  The Redbreast
             Nemisis
             The Devil's Star
              The Redeemer
               The Snowman
These are the titles as they are released in the US.  The actual first two stories: The Bat Man and : The Cockroach are not yet available in the U.S.  I am not sure why.  I like to call Harry Hole the Norwegian Dirty Harry!  Any one of these stories would make a GREAT action movie/thriller!!! I believe the next story coming is called: The Leopard- I had heard there is of movie of The Leopard in production in Europe...I am not 100% sure of this. You can check for updates at: http://www.jonesbo.com/ .  The site is great! There are some really cool  video interviews with Jo (in English!)   The latest book I read of his was: The Snowman!  Very creepy!  Extremely well written... I think it would make a GREAT Film!
Jo Nesbo

I cannot leave out the Author: Anne Holt


 

Anne Holt

Mrs. Holt's detective team of Joanne Vik and Adam Stubo have now been in 3 books:
  1. What is Mine(U.S.) Punishment(U.K.)--same book*
  2. What Never Happen(U.S) The Final Murder (U.K.)*
  3. Death in Oslo(U.K.) and the next one coming this winter is:
  4. 1222 (U.K.)
I liked them all!



Gunnar Staalesen

Gunnar's Detective Varg Veum has starred in
Books, T.V. and Film
  1. The Books available are: At Night All Wolves are Grey
  2. Yours untill Death
  3. The Writing on the Wall
  4. Consorts of Death

No comments:

Post a Comment